Do's and Don't's for Acanthosis Nigricans
Acanthosis Nigricans is a condition that is characterised by dark patches on body folds like- Neck , knuckles and armpit.
Mostly these dark patches are present on neck.
- Consult a Dermatologist- The underlying cause of Acanthosis Nigricans (Dark patches on neck/body folds) is metabolic/systemic. A doctor will be the best judge to treat the condition.
- Lifestyle changes – Obese / Overweight people are more likely to develop Acanthosis Nigricans. A healthier lifestyle along with the medication, prescribed by the doctor helps in reversing the condition.
- Alter eating habits –Avoid junk. Start Eating healthy.
Acanthosis Nigricans – characterised by dark patches mostly on the neck & body folds, is not a disease of the skin. But it is a metabolic / systemic problem that is reflected as dark patches on the skin.
- Do not ignore the condition
- Do not visit a parlour to bleach the skin
- Do not scrub the dark patches.
- Do not try home remedies.
Copyright © Curatio 2022 - All rights reserved.
Web Design : NIKITHA